TP-link is one of the best router manufacturers in the industry. Router login means to log into your router. You can access many features of the router after logging in. TP-link provides many functions in the router that you can use, like security, access controls, and much more.
Why Do I Need to Login into My Router?
- When setting up a new connection (Internet connection), you need to set-up IP and DNS addresses to use the internet.
- When you want to change your WiFi password, you need to login into your router.
- There are many features that you can access after logging into your router.
- You can check your connection strength and speed.
Features You Can Access After Login
- Access Control: You can set-up your own controls after logging into your router. You can see and remove other users who are connected to the router. You can blacklist devices from connecting to your router. You can change the name and password of your router (WiFi). You can also gain control over internet usage.
- Speed Test and Usage: You can check the speed of the connection( internet). You can also view the usage is done by an individual device. You can restrict any device from using the internet.
- Install a new connection: When you need to install a new connection you need to set-up your router and fill-in information about IPs and DNS address etc., for that, you need to login into your router.
How to Login To TP-Link Router
There are two ways to login into your router.
In this method, you’ll need to connect your device( PC or Smartphone) to your router (WiFi), and then you can log in to your router. It is pretty easy; just follow the steps below to login.
Step 1: Open a web browser on your device (Chrome or Firefox).
Step 2: In the search bar type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 depending upon your model and hit Enter.
Step 3: Now you’ll be redirected onto a login page. In the username field, type admin, and in the password field type password.
That’s it. You have successfully logged into your router.
In this method, you are going to create a PPPoE connection. PPPoE stands for point-to-point protocol over Ethernet; it is used to connect devices to a local area network (LAN). To set-up, PPPoE connections simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Connect your computer to the router with an Ethernet cable.
Step 2: Then open your web browser and type 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter.
Step 3: Now locate the router management page and click on Network.
Step 4: Then select WAN and change the connection type to PPPoE.
Step 5: Enter the login details (username= admin and password= password).
Step 6: Finally, save the settings and reboot your router.
You’ve successfully set-up the PPPoE connection.
At the end of the article, I hope you’ve learned how to login into the TP-Link router. There are many features you can access by logging into your router.