TikTok, the widely popular short-video platform, has captivated users worldwide with its unique blend of entertainment, creativity, and social interaction. However, creators occasionally encounter a notification stating that their content is “under review.”
This situation can be confusing and frustrating, especially for those who are unsure why it’s happening or what it means for their content. This article aims to provide an in-depth understanding of TikTok’s review process, exploring the reasons why videos may be under review and offering guidance on how to navigate this situation.
Why is My TikTok Under Review
TikTok’s “under review” notice indicates that the app has detected content that may offend its users, such as graphic violence, the use of graphic blood, or inaccuracies regarding sensitive topics. Nonetheless, there are evaluations of videos in the wild that shouldn’t trigger these checks.
In February of 2022, Charli D’Amelio was not the only user to complain that her or his video had been subjected to an unjust assessment by TikTok. It’s possible that a bug is to blame, although it’s unclear why this issue occurs occasionally.
You can try restarting the TikTok app to see if the message disappears and your video returns to normal, but if the problem is with TikTok itself, you may have to wait until they repair it from the inside.
- How to Do Boomerang on Snapchat
- Windows Stop Code Memory Management
- Gaming Features Aren’t Available For the Windows Desktop
What Does ‘Under Review’ Mean on TikTok?
When a TikTok video is marked as “under review,” it means that the content has been temporarily withheld from public view and is being examined by TikTok’s moderation team. This process is part of TikTok’s efforts to maintain a safe and positive environment for all users by ensuring that all content adheres to their Community Guidelines.
How Will I Know if My TikTok Video is Under Review?
The video is now being reviewed, but you won’t be notified of this in any way except when you try to view it or upload it. Videos that are presently being moderated will not allow comments, gain followers, or receive new views.
As soon as TikTok decides everything is cool, everything will go back to how they were. In addition, you can’t upload your video to social media or embed it on a website. Of course, nobody’s “For You” page will display it either. Review periods often last little more than 48 hours if your clip satisfies all standards.
Common Reasons for TikTok Reviews
There are several reasons why a video might be placed under review on TikTok:
- Community Guidelines Violations: The most common reason for a video being under review is suspected violation of TikTok’s Community Guidelines, which include rules against nudity, hate speech, violence, and more.
- Copyright Issues: TikTok may review content that potentially violates copyright laws, such as using music or other intellectual properties without permission.
- Automated Flags: TikTok uses algorithms to scan and flag content that might violate guidelines. Sometimes, videos are flagged erroneously by these automated systems.
- User Reports: If other users report a video for violating TikTok’s policies, it may be placed under review.
How to Fix the TikTok Under Review/ Video is being Processed Issue?
Even though TikTok has not yet confirmed a problem with its servers, thousands of users are discussing it online. Why so many TikTok users have had their videos flagged for review is unclear. The situation is currently unresolvable, unfortunately.
The TikTok app may need to be reinstalled, however you may also try restarting the app, rebooting your device, emptying the app cache, and so on. Keep in mind that if you delete TikTok, you will lose any unsaved drafts you may have made.
Re-uploading your video after fixing the issue that caused it to be placed under review is an option. Sometimes the hashtags or titles may be to blame, therefore it’s worth checking and adjusting them.
It’s easiest to just wait for TikTok to fix the problem with its servers if the video itself is fine. But, problems you encounter can still be reported here. TikTok will release a patch more quickly if more people report the issue.
How to Avoid Putting Your Videos on TikTok Under Review?
Reviewing TikTok’s community guidelines and posting content that adheres to them is the easiest method to prevent having your videos flagged for moderation. So, your profile will be given a positive review by TikTok and you will not have to deal with any issues.
TikTok will continue to monitor your profile for repeat violations if i discovers unsuitable videos there. If you want your profile to remain active on the site for a long time, it’s best to keep it neat and tidy. Is there anything else you could suggest to fix this TikTok problem? Please feel free to discuss this more below.
Duration of the TikTok Review Process
The length of time a video remains under review can vary. Most reviews are completed within a few hours to a couple of days. The duration may depend on the complexity of the issue and the volume of content being reviewed by TikTok’s team.
How to Respond When Your Video Is Under Review
- Be Patient: Wait for the review process to complete. TikTok will notify you once a decision is made.
- Review Community Guidelines: Familiarize yourself with TikTok’s guidelines to understand potential reasons why your video might be under review.
- Appeal if Necessary: If your video is removed and you believe it was a mistake, use TikTok’s appeal process to have your content reassessed.
Preventing Future Reviews
To minimize the chances of your content being placed under review, consider the following tips:
- Adhere to Community Guidelines: Ensure your content fully complies with TikTok’s guidelines.
- Use Copyright-Free Materials: Only use music and materials that are cleared for use on TikTok or for which you have rights.
- Engage Positively: Encourage positive interactions and discourage harmful behaviors in your content and with your audience.
Understanding TikTok’s Algorithm
TikTok’s algorithm plays a significant role in content moderation. Being aware of how the algorithm works can help creators better understand and adapt their content strategies to align with platform standards.
- Does being under review affect my TikTok account’s standing? A single review typically doesn’t affect your account, but repeated violations might lead to penalties.
- Can I still post new content while a video is under review? Yes, you can continue to post new content unless your account is restricted for other reasons.
- How can I check the status of my under-review video? You will receive a notification in the app once the review process is complete. You can also check the status in your video list.
In summary, understanding why your TikTok content may be under review is key to successfully navigating the platform’s community guidelines and maintaining a positive presence. By adhering to these guidelines and using best practices for content creation, you can reduce the likelihood of future reviews and ensure a smoother TikTok experience.
- Will There be a Season 4 of Shooter
- The Punisher Season 3 Release Date
- My Hero Academia Season 5 Hulu
More than 80% of TikTok’s monthly active users have uploaded a video at least once, and about 35% do so on a weekly basis. According to this estimate, at least a hundred thousand new films are uploaded to TikTok every day.
In order to prevent any offensive material from appearing on TikTok, the site employs an AI-based moderation system. If your video does not follow TikTok’s policies, it will be placed “under review” until a moderator can examine it. You may assume why is my tiktok under review. Users who have gained a lot of attention and fans are more likely to experience this.